New Zealand colleagues may be interested in this event on 13th March. It’s scheduled for UK time but available internationally. Worth staying up all night for…!
Here’s the blurb from the UK site. More details at THIS LINK
Designed for an international audience this event will provide attendees with practical and imaginative ideas to use Mantle of the Expert in the classroom. The emphasis will be on teaching and learning, and how Mantle of the Expert can bring the curriculum alive for children between the ages of 5 and 11.
Attendees can choose from a range of workshops designed to introduce, develop, and expand their understanding of the approach.
Workshop themes will include:
- Getting started with Mantle of the Expert
- Intermediate development of Mantle of the Expert
- Mantle of the Expert for advanced users – the use of framing and frame distance
- Using Mantle of the Expert: developing a context and what to do if you get stuck!
- Developing empathy and making ethical choices using Mantle of the Expert
- The use of questioning techniques and inquiry in Mantle of the Expert
- Where do your ideas come from? Getting started and finding inspiration.
- The development of a curriculum of Hope – how can Mantle of the Expert empower children to change the world?
- Tension, the magic ingredient of Mantle of the Expert
- Concern and the Continuum of Engagement – making learning matter
Debra Kidd – is an author and teacher who has been working in Education for 26 years across all age groups. She has a doctorate in education and is the author of four books, the latest of which is Curriculum of Hope.
Louise Ryan – is an international educator and Mantle of the Expert coach who has been using Mantle of the Expert in classrooms across the world for the past 5 years.
Tim Taylor – is the author of A Beginner’s Guide to Mantle of the Expert, editor of mantleoftheexpert.com, and a lead trainer in the approach.
Luke Abbott – is an internationally renowned expert on the use and development of the Mantle of the Expert. A student of Dorothy Heathcote’s in the 1980s, Luke has been promoting Mantle of the Expert ever since and has taught hundreds of teachers across the world how to use the approach.
Richard Kieran – is the headteacher of Woodrow First School, Redditch UK. Richard introduced Mantle of the Expert eleven years ago and the approach is now used in every classroom. In 2012 Woodrow became a Mantle of the Expert Training School.